ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, PUBLIC RELATIONS - BEAUTY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Account Executive, Public Relations - Beauty”.
No phone calls please.
New York, NY
Senior Account Executive, Beauty
The Account Executive position works closely with the Senior Account Executive and leads media and influencer outreach across the company’s beauty division. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of securing top-tier placements and fostering relationships with influencers as well as help ideate across big brainstorms and client strategy.
The ability to interact with staff, clientele, and all external contacts—in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient —is crucial to this role
It is also required that candidates hold a keen interest in the beauty/wellness/lifestyle industry in which this position centrally operates.
Assist Senior Beauty Executives in executing strategic publicity campaigns for clients:
· 3-4 years of PR experience working with beauty brands
· At least 2 years of experience managing others
· Agency experience desired, but not required
· 4-year college degree
· Established relationships with long lead, short lead and online editors in beauty and lifestyle sectors
· Strong and current understanding of social media platforms and an ability to increase brand awareness and generate press through this landscape
· Established relationships with beauty, lifestyle and fashion influencers
· Participate in Professional Development opportunities:
· Network with PR professionals and media
· Attend networking industry events
· Share reports on media news, digital advances, and publications (trade & consumer)
· Contribute innovative & creative ideas to company brainstorms
· Build relationships with hair and makeup experts
· Assign, supervise, and manage the activities of an Account Coordinator
· Execute strategic communication plans across clients
· Able to lead, encourage, mentor, and develop junior staff members
· Effective organizational and project management skills
· Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
· Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational and follow-up skills a must
· Ability to write interesting, creative, and effective press releases, media alerts and press materials
· Create and maintain media pitch grids
· Ability to pitch product and brand profiles
· Possess knowledge of the beauty industry and popular culture
· Ability to coordinate and execute client events
· Able to work in a team environment- someone who is an enthusiastic team player and has the ability to get along with others
· Networking with media, PR professionals and industry events, a must
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and media representatives
Qualities and Characteristics
Passionate about the beauty industry
Inquisitive about media & industry trends
Embrace and embody Full Picture Values, defined as:
Doing high quality work; being organized, buttoned up and attentive to detail; building revenue; always learning & improving (even if this means stepping outside your comfort zone).
Treating clients, partners and colleagues with respect; taking the high road; doing the right thing; say it in the room or don’t say it at all.
Pushing the boundaries/status quo; finding the new and most unique way to do things.
Responding to colleagues and clients in a timely fashion; communicating quickly and clearly; operating with extreme professionalism; doing the one extra thing; always thinking about how to make the sale (whether to a current or future client).
Being positive and enthusiastic even when things are difficult; finding the “and” and the “yes”; looking for the solution.