Senior ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / PUBLIC RELATIONS, FASHION
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Christy Welder firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Senior Account Executive Public Relations Fashion”. No phone calls please.
New York, NY
Account Director, Public Relations, Fashion
The Senior Account Executive position is creative, tactical and strategic, and provides comprehensive support to their specific client roster & team as well as synergy with the counterparts on other accounts. Must be particularly well-organized, detailed-oriented, flexible and able to deliver excellent work within tight deadlines. Required to work independently and within a team, and know how to provide clear and concise updates to the rest of the team. Must respond expeditiously to diverse assignments, take responsibility for projects from beginning to end, and consistently operate with a sense of urgency without losing sight of the details.
The ability to interact with staff, clientele, and all external contacts—in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient —is crucial to this role.
It is also required that candidates hold a keen interest in the fashion/lifestyle/entertainment industry in which this position centrally operates.
- Excellent short-lead & long lead editor contacts (monthly, weekly magazines, national daily papers)
- Ability to pitch and coordinate national and regional broadcast segments
- Strong relationships with fashion and design digital editors
- Relationships with short lead regional newspapers in top markets including (but not limited to) New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Miami and San Francisco
- Experience in event coverage, campaign coverage, fashion week coverage, product and feature placement coverage
- Experience being press point person at client photo shoots, broadcast appearances, events and interviews
Participate in Professional Development opportunities:
- Network with PR professionals and media
- Attend networking industry events
- Share reports on media news, digital advances, and publications (trade & consumer)
- Contribute innovative & creative ideas to company brainstorms
- Build relationships with fashion influencers, stylists and freelance writers/editors
Ability to write creative and enticing pitches, media alerts and press materials
Connections with influencers and tastemakers in New York, Miami and Los Angeles
Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational and follow-up skills a must
Ensure positive communication with clientele
Effective organizational and project management skills and proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
Monitor account team members
Create and implement proactive and targeted press campaigns
Ability to write proposals
Event planning and execution
Must be willing to travel occasionally
Qualities & Characteristics
Passionate about the fashion industry
Inquisitive about media & industry trends
Team player, willing to mentor junior staff and assist on agency-wide events and initiatives when needed